In issuing this book after a lapse of more than thirty years, our University’s Department of the History and Theory of Architecture and Heritage Conservation resumes publication of the series entitled, at the time, Romanian Architectural Documents, which ran from 1950 to 1970 and documented the collections in the Department’s custodianship. One of these is the major collection of glass photographic slides assembled by Alexandru Tzigara-Samurcaş. In addition, there is a vast and seminal collection of graphical documents that once belonged to A. Lecomte du Nouÿ and a valuable, unpublished collection of “old” ground surveys made by students of the school up until the Second World War, as well as the heritage and private collections of prominent professors, etc. [read more] »

The Project:
The Archive: